Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Glorified French Toast

I recently experienced one of those "Hollywood mornings." You know when you sit up from your slumber with unusually voluminous hair, glowing skin, and you're wearing a smile instead of cursing your alarm clock?  I recognize how rare such occasions are and tried my best to preserve this enthusiasm as long as possible. After starting some coffee, I decided to have myself a sort of movie star breakfast. Or rather, something that celebrities might eat in an actual movie!  I call it, Glorified French Toast!  

Homemade whole-wheat banana bread makes
for a great option for Glorified French Toast.

This recipe is fancy but so simple. The only real messes come from making your favorite breakfast bread ahead of time. Or simply go purchase something with flax or chia seeds while wearing your biggest sunglasses if you feel like being extra glam (and don't forget to stop at Starbucks to grab a disposable cup to accessorize with). Lucky for me I had a fresh loaf of homemade banana bread (pictured above) already in-house, so I nixed the paparazzi outing and threw on a pair of heels instead. Ahem... !!


To share with you my recipe for making yourself a glorified morning on demand, just follow these five simple steps.

1. Slice up your favorite breakfast bread.
2. Dip each side of each slice into milk and then beaten eggs.


3. Drop your dipped slices into some hot butter and let sizzle on both sides until toasty.


4. Serve your, now "Glorified," French toast immediately with a dusting of powdered sugar and a side of warm syrup. 

These pictures illustrate the five steps using a
mini loaf of homemade blueberry bread, 
which I prepared earlier this summer.

5. Although it's fun to look movie star while cooking, you don't have to eat like one. Kick off those heels (if you haven't already), grab a fork, and consume your whole plate while reclining on the couch with some cartoons... or Jersey Shore reruns

1 comment:

  1. Ummm....YUM!!!! This looks amazing. And that pic of your heels is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete