Sunday, January 6, 2013

Blogging Off - The Final Post

Dear Reader,

I sincerely apologize for cooking incognito for the past seven months.  Life seems to have swept me off of my feet and has carried me hastily to new and enchanting places since my last entry.  Joe and I spent two weeks touring Slovakia, followed by a three-day migration from the Rockies to Silicon Valley. The kitchen that I now frequent is located on the third floor of a small apartment in Sunnyvale, California. A spunky kitty-cat now stalks my apron ribbons, and prefers to be cradled in one of my arms while I cook (our resident sous chef).  I love my new job, my camera has died, and I've realized that I rather enjoy "unplugging" in the kitchen.  My cooking culture is more relaxed, carefree, and spontaneous. No longer do I fuss about plate presentation, or delay grace in order to document our dinner on camera.  My focus has shifted from what's on the table to the people sitting around it.  To circulating conversations. To the sights, sounds, and subtle flavors that transform each meal into a unique experience.  I do my best to live (and eat) in the moment.

For these combined realizations, I have decided to continue my blogging hiatus. This is my final entry as The Curious Cook. Thank you, Reader, for sharing my previous cooking curiosities.  You have inspired me to explore new recipes, spices, and techniques.  Thank you for all of your feedback and kindled appreciation of eating.  Stay hungry for adventure!

Cheers,

Emily
"The Curious Cook" 





"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." - Julia Child


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop by our website for more great Green Smoothie Recipes and tips about how to best digest them. You can find more details on Looking For Awesome Smoothie Recipes? Look No Further! on the site thebestsmoothieblender.net.

    ReplyDelete