Friday, March 16, 2012

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

Need something spicy, cheesy, and greasy to soak up the one-too-many pints of Irish Ales you will be drinking this weekend?  Consider making these bad boys...

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers

This recipe is actually super simple, and the final product will have friends and fellow drinkers bowing to worship you.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and re-pinned this link immediately. Who could pass up bacon-wrapped anything? 


Consider using gloves to slice and de-seed these fiery peppers.

My only word of caution relates to the peppers... beware of the jalapeno!  I seeded these little boogers with my bare hands and then retreated to the shower while they cooked in the oven. As it turns out, the spicy compounds in the pepper spread to the skin (not just the tongue).  Let's just say I considered pouring a gallon of milk over my head to abate the burning of my exposed skin.  Keep in mind that mini sweet peppers can be used as a substitute for a milder experience. 


Just prepare a garlicky cream cheese smear, fill each pepper half and wrap in a half slice of bacon. Bake and chow down with your favorite cold beverage.  

Toothpicks not recommended.
Just grab one and dig in! 

Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers recipe can be found here.    Happy St. Patty's Day to all!

1 comment:

  1. bacon wrapped ANYTHING sounds good to me! :)

    last time i cut up jalapenos i tried really hard to barely touch them with my bare fingers. then i took my contacts out (hours later, mind you) and wanted to rip out my eyes. and of course my contacts burned my eyes when i put them back in the next morning too!

    ReplyDelete